GSM

• Name: Gordon McCheyne
Re: what did you do with your landy in 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 12:54:13 AM »
I had a second hand prop and VCU fitted to get the freebie back to 4wd.
Next week - new stuts, spring and a 2" lift hopefully. And a long overdue service.

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
Went for a wee run out the back of Dunning today, testing out a windscreen camera mount for my Drift HD 170

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXG8AeEHhI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYfahIFuaf_gIg2zsIpjflg

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 09:19:06 PM »
Out to fix a fence down by the loch.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
Looking good gene love the view, today I did some more welding and grinding on my S2a as its coming along slow but sure as can do so much then its rest time but at some point today got chap coming to get my old nissan of me as don't need it and havnt got the space or time to fix her for mot so of she goes one less to worrie about and one more space available mmmmm I wonder what I could fill it with lol best fix my landys first lol laters folks

lurch032003

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
Started the strip down of old engine in order to remove it from landy so good replacement can go in and I can use her again never realised there's more connections than others on fuel system!
Also started putting non new parts and service other engine in between showers .
Shug turned up with bits I needed and gave him parts he needed nice to see him and his daughter again great wee catch up wish weather was better but hay ho rest time now
Laters all
John

lurch032003

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
Nothing much out of doors today done bar wade out to garage to do some work on the 2A don't you just love the Scottish weather ! When you need it dry it rains and when your stuck at work it a glorious sunny day!! 

genem

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 11:21:05 PM »
Well its certainly a bit damp here today. The main road to town is closed due to flooding just north of Callander and the river has burst its banks all over the place.

Had to go and have a look-see....

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 10:20:29 AM »
Great picture   :)
Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

lurch032003

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »
Well bit the bullet and have purchased a engine hoist which is due next week as need to get this engine swap done and going forward it will come in very handy when doing other work so justified buying it as the chain hoist was just not going to cut it for what I want to do
Laters
John

Reacher

• Name: Brian Rowan
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:03 PM »
Cleaned intercooler of 19years of muck  I think lol ;).More responsive through the gears now ;D. Bought a cb radio kit! Thanks to Dave T for advice  :D :D. Now do I get a Mud console or Raptor??

Brian 

Dave T

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 06:59:17 AM »
Fitted a Discovery 1 seat in the passenger side, jesus it it comfy! Quite easy as well, basically extend the fixing rail by a few inches and you even us ethe original holes!. Drivers one today  :)
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Kev91

• Name: Kevin Fulton
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
Fitted the fron diff back into the D3 yesterday after work and got it all built back up and ready for a test drive one I finish today.

Hopefully it cured  :-\

lurch032003

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 06:03:04 PM »
Spent all today getting the engine out and by god it was fun , stripped of all components I could while still hoisted so upon visual inspection looks like bores may have had it but hay ho next step is to fit the parts I need on replacement engine I got and get it in and start connected up.
Laters
All

lurch032003

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »
 8) you know that feeling you get that something is just not right and it isn't until you see or read somewhere it hits you what it is well it just happened to me,
My S3 always seemed to run hot , great heater thought nothing of it until now as had striped thermostat housing of and no thermostat was in place!!!! The engine was knackered and it was a PO bodge to keep it running cool by taking it out just long enough for me to have the engine pop on me no wonder it ended up smoking like a battleship it explains so much .
At least I now have a load if parts and a new engine(second hand checked)  can't wait to see the innards to see why it been budged by PO and now I can say ahhhhhhhh haaaaaa !!!!

genem

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 07:24:05 PM »
P***** off by the 3rd windscreen wash nozzle in a year snapping off in the frost ....and being a pain to fit a new one unless you have treble joined 9in long fingers....   so I've re-routed the wash water to two twin nozzles mounted on the bonnet. Far better coverage on the windscreen, 45 minutes work and all the components involved cost £10 more than another rubbish LR nozzle.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:49:18 PM by Admin »