lurch032003

2015 and start of new happenings what's yours?
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:14:45 PM »
Well started of having to buy loads off new parts for the series 3 as over heating, leak in radiator, leak in heater matrix  and general all water pipes since before New Years breakdown where the thermostate housing seal went, so I bite  the bullet from braking down on way home again just before new year with a suspect head gashet failure.
So other day was out stripping and draining her all down and removing all the old rubber pipes ready for a complete replacement.
Parts have started arrive so soon can get her fixed, going to take the chance to inspect the head and seals etc as all being done as part of the repair and give her a good service at same time.
Anyways that's how my landrover year has started hope everyone else has faired better and have had a trouble free start lets hear what your up to here.
I will need regular updates from the 12th feb as in hospital for a while and will need to be kept sane so please post anything your up to landrover wise to help me recover .
Cheers everyone and happy new year
John @ carol
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:19:28 PM by lurch032003 »

lurch032003

Re: 2015 and start of new happenings what's yours?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »
Oh the pic below or above depending in your settings was from the green road day in dec which gene organised which was a great day .  :D

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »
Mot time for me , only had the 90 for about a month and it has ran perfectly , so will soon see if it has any hidden issue , mot due on the 26 th but think I'll book it in next week , will keep you updated.

92jdegnan

• You can go fast, but I can go anywhere
  • Name: jason degnan
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
2015 for me has started well, I plan to complete the west highland way at the start of april.

Just purchased myself a Land rover 90. So shall be enjoying that (and hopefully getting a hold of a 200/300tdi/v8 engine conversion for it before summer)

So for me, 2015 is looking promising
Land Rover 90
110 Hi Cap
4.0 range rover p38
Freelander
200tdi Disco

lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
Well I hope to get into more if her repair on Saturday as all parts arrived so fingers crossed no damage to the head has happened X then she will be back on road with a basically renewed heating/cooling system installed I think I spoil her too much but don't let swmbo know lol  ::)

Wish you all the best on your walk and fun in your 90. If and when you get a replacement engine how's the one in it? Would you consider donating it to a restoration ???

Fingers crossed for your mot hope it flys through okay .

Keep posting guys and dolls it keeps me sane.  :o

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 01:37:54 PM »
110 is back on the road. Time to enjoy being behind the wheel.

Meanwhile the lightweight is getting a new water pump and the bearing in the timing cover is being replaced. So I may as well do the front crank end seal.
New light stalk also fitted, so no need to drive along holding contacts to get dipped beam.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »
December 24th Santa confirmed my order for a 2015MY Defender 110XS in Aintree green to replace my troublesome March 2014 Evoque.

2015 started well when on January 7th - I thought I had received an email with all the paperwork for my order above, happy bunny. Opening the email revealed why I had waited so long for papers to sign, no papers were attached just a PDF of the document sent to dealers regarding the Celebration run-out Defenders and a note saying that it had been embargoed by LR until that morning and the dealership DP thought I might be interested rather than signing for the 110XS. They would happily change my order if I wanted one of the run out editions. Decision took about 3 secs! Of course, return email cancelling the Aintree 110 and ordering a Yulong White Adventurer 110. Cannot wait until September now
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

aqms987

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 11:10:32 PM »
 Hi Tim  Have I just been lucky or what? I have had my Evoque since September with no problems so far!  I would be grateful for a run down on the problems you have had with your Evoque.  I have many years of experience of owning & running Landrover products with little serious problems.

kvz2000

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
Hi, the 90 passed its mot with only a couple of issue , it needed a new track rod end and adjustment to front suspension , all sorted and mot passed but what a difference to the steering , I had thought it was a steering box problem but the new part and adjustment has made a huge difference , looking forward to enjoying it now, I have bought a new chainsaw and have been onto the shore infront of our house and collecting firewood for my sons wood burner.

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 10:32:52 AM »
Myrtle the airportable is re-assembled and no longer has engine tears

Watch the sand in the drift wood Donald. Its a bugger for the chains.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

kvz2000

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »
Myrtle the airportable is re-assembled and no longer has engine tears

Watch the sand in the drift wood Donald. Its a bugger for the chains.

Cheers I will , it's amazing how much wood there is and how many people are collecting it , I'm cutting large trees that have been washed up but will keep an eye on the sand

hunter

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »
this wkend we fitted the 2.25 petrol and 4 speed into the coil sprung chassis, engine fitted with leaf spring shackle bushes as engine mounts a practice normally used on v8's but I think this little land rover will be going racing! 8)

lurch032003

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »
Nice to see some updates getting posts thanks folks. I still half way through repair to my S3 I'm at the point where the head bolts just need taken off in sequence and fingers cross it just the head gasghet that needs replaced then its a case of putting everything back together with all the new parts to replace the worn out pipes, radiator and heater matrix etc but due to weather and time I don't think I will get it finnished before I go in on the 12th fir operation and then it will be at least a month after before I can get back to it :-( I'm so down in the dumps about it but health first fir me then landy after I suppose.
Anyways please start or keep posting up please help keep me sane as looks like I will be in the hospital fir at least a week so will be bored to tears so please post up cheers
John

hunter

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
hi John it is good to see updates :) hope you get on ok in hospital
here are more pictures of what I have been doing tonight for my christmas I bought a dewalt metal chop saw great toy,it was so much quicker on the box section work for the body and bulk head but it is really good for the bird mouths on the tubes best £200 pounds I have ever spent, I am still on the first disc that is amazing

lurch032003

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 10:40:42 PM »
hi John it is good to see updates :) hope you get on ok in hospital
here are more pictures of what I have been doing tonight for my christmas I bought a dewalt metal chop saw great toy,it was so much quicker on the box section work for the body and bulk head but it is really good for the bird mouths on the tubes best £200 pounds I have ever spent, I am still on the first disc that is amazing

Loving your updates and pics , that chop saw looks like its really paying fir itself going by the progress your making and still on first disc!!  Just keep them updates coming l really enjoy reading them.
Cheers
John