lurch032003

Re: 2015 and start of new happenings what's yours?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 01:01:12 AM »
What a lovely  day it was I hope everyone had a great Easter , I spent today best I could cleaning up engine block and fitting the cylinder head back on and just hand tight and a couple of turns with the rachet until resistance felt for now, will get them torqued up soon when I'm more up for the challenge but main thing is I'm back to putting it all back together woohooo lol really took a lot out of me energy wise and feel like I've gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson as still got a long way to recover to a level it doesn't effect me as much as it does trying to stand and use strength to do stuff like shifting the 2ton crane with the aid of the buggy up and down just to lift the head up and put it back on the engine, I spent what some  of you would say 3hrs that's nothing  much, but  time wise to me it felt like a triple shift. Oh I also started up and ran my motohome a bit as its still stuck behind the Landy till I have it fixed grrrr poor thing Im missing out using the Motorhome to get away every so often it just isn't happening yet. I also had to face the fact that my health is going to limit what events or own trips I do from now on but will try and make what I can . Anyways I'm blabbering on as usual so laters all.
John

hunter

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 09:38:45 PM »
 :D
stumpy 6 all paneled all that is left to do is tidy up the lose ends

lurch032003

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »
 :D looking great big changes since last time! Really impressed. Wish I could say I have been equally busy on mine but  :( not. I hope to get onto her tomorrow as had a lot if health stuff related to be done and sorted at home plus just been ether doing other stuff or recovering from doing that stuff lol really like seeing the pics and see the progress you made inspired me to get out and make time to try get mine finished, I simply in my head know it's just putting it all back together now I have the cylinder head back on but in the real world it's a mountain I got to climb oh well nothing for it bar get my finger out lol
Keep posting updates please
Cheers
John

Daveb1971

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
Laura is back together with new front fuel tanks now fabricated and fitted and she has been out on the Coquet Safari were I managed to bend the rear step no other damage and last Sunday a trip up to the Chainbridge Honey Farm with the SMVG, looking forward to seeing everyone at Bathgate not sure if we can make the whole weekend but will be there on Sunday for sure
David
If you wanted it yesterday why not wait and ask me for it tomorrow

hunter

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »
Here is more progress can not wait to get all of these little land rovers are out competing

lurch032003

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 05:06:35 PM »
Well two days ago I got back to work on the series 3 engine and got as far as turning the head gasket right way round doo!!! Managed to connect most up but thermostat bolt repair had failed, so today whippe of the thermostat parts drilled down through the head part with a 8.5mm drills bits had to work through a lot as not got the power to push down like I use to have , long bolt 8.5 dia with a square nut on end with locking washer and hay presto no leaks, put all together new oil water etc and second turn of the key she lives again puffs of smoke slowly cleared as she got up to temp.checked radiator and can see movement of the water when thermostat opens, no leaks anywhere? Gave her a few high revs and clear then to idel and have got her ticking over at the lowest hand throttle setting and only battery charge light showing which I expected as had to use the jump starter to give it a boost to start, to say phew and happy is a understatement as this has been since Xmas , had op, moved into new house and bad weather hasn't help get her alive again, so next is to fix both drivers side Tyers with new tubes and a bottle of slime into each and then it's fingers crossed a road test to see if she passes before mot in August .
On a plus side I can get my Motorhome out now as she was blocked in by the Landy and she needs a good wash top to bottom.
Anyways that's my update of what I been up to what about you anything happening?
Cheers
John
Ps again sorry for my spelling and way I write.

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »
No apology needed  ;)
More pictures would be better  8)
See you later this year @ genes doo  :)
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

lurch032003

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »
Ty will take some pics soon and will post up link. It was like missing a old friend sitting back in the drivers seat and feeling her engine run and hear and feel all those little clinks and clanks and rattle of her body and engine vibrating, all the usual dials showing her vitals of life and the feel of holding the steering wheel gives me hope and satisfaction of what I have achieved and can achieve.  :o
John

lurch032003

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2015, 12:56:42 AM »
Well was up but forgot pics will take some tomorrow, test drive day so fingers crossed, got both drivers side Tyers fixed and each filled with "goop" suppose to stop up to a 1/4 puncture well I will have all the luck and get a 1/2 lol was fun getting them fixed as two tubes I bought had to big a valve on them , so was to collect next day, sounds easy, turned up at 1ish and one done as second tube wasn't delivered grrrrr waited about till near 2!! which is a different story as to why as well as left not feeling too happy  >:( but Tyers fitted and found she had a flat battery didn't help my mood!! Anyways will post up result tomorrow which is now today looking at the time lol
John

lurch032003

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:03 PM »
Hi sorry all, health not been too good since last post but have managed a to do some work since, have managed as of today since the s3 became 40 years old and classed as exempt to finally get it taxed as such, phone calls, writing to dvla and having forms sent back and forth had me thinking how they mange anything at dvla, in short went to post office and within 2 mins all was done and dusted V5 on way to dvla with post office changing it classification from disabled-private-historic and had been given a receipt showing it taxed free as historic woohooo , also got timing I think sorted just a light hint of blue can just be seen on idle, but haven't managed a test drive to see how she is under load driving her yet , replaced electric fan and horn as damaged when she blew with water damage. I have managed to stripped old electric fan and cleaned it up etc and have it working again so put in box for spair/replacements. Bar that that's it bar got vascular Dr to see in morning grrrr what next I wonder lol
Anyways laters all. Oh will get pics up when I resize them or get link
John

lurch032003

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 11:52:54 PM »
Don't know if this link works but here goes

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lurch032003/library/?view=recent

Cheers
John

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »
Yes, that link works  :) She looks spectacular!!!
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

lurch032003

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »
Yes, that link works  :) She looks spectacular!!!
Hi I noticed when I used iPhone only a few pic could be seen so have sorted it so all available to see.
Today I finished my recently bought of the bay a black seat box, stripped and recovered it in red leather and red carpert inside and a bit of glue and staples and hay presto one restored Center seat box for the series2a restoration which you can see some pics of her when I first got her.
Anyways that's it hope you like the pics they go back to the first Slroc/s2c weekend.

lurch032003

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
DVLA=Dumb,Varied,Lost and Agrivating
Anyone who has followed my saga trying to get my S3 retraxed as historic will love what I recieved in the mail,
I opened the letter from DVLA and just a compliment size piece of paper stating this is fir my records that I no longer own the landrover and to ignore any forms for retaxing  it etc -- ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
I had to read it twice as couldn't believe my eyes! yes it stated I am no longer the owner of my S3 well on the phone I went and got a nice chap and he let me explain all I been trying to do is to get it reclassed as historic and taxed. He put me on hold after taking all my details etc and came back with a apology that someone has mistook the letter with the receipt from the post office and orginal letter from them as me saying I no longer own the landrover??? He said he can't see why or how this has happened and will get it all sorted and my V5 will be correctly amended and will be recived back to me in 2 to 4 weeks and assured me I can drive it as classed as historic and taxed as such and a investigation on how this has happened will be taken other words . Opps we made a bo bo better get this sorted ASAP .
Well that's where my current progress is , possibly will show up as not mine, untaxed but due, not historic and need more information or inspection to be undertaken because if the cut backs and lack of staff to process paoerwork correctly.
Okay my rant is over
John
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:07:49 PM by lurch032003 »

cenemc

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »
Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking John!

How are the legs doing?