lurch032003

Re: 2015 and start of new happenings what's yours?
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2015, 08:58:45 AM »
Well, any 2.25 D parts you are getting rid off, or even series parts, have a think of young Patch at BoT as a recipient ?
Contact Gene or me for the rest of the story.
Hi
Give me a PM about him will be happy to help out in any way I can .
John

lurch032003

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2015, 06:29:56 PM »
Well had a difficult few days but got some hrs on the landy , fitted new sump seal , dud the tappets timing , change alternator over , filled with fresh new oil again. Started up and looks like its my crank rear oil seal :-( damm blast it all to hell and back grrrrr so next job is to rip  out all the flooring seat etc undo the gear box and shuffle it back out if way and strip off the clutch, couch flywheel , bell housing and then do the replacement seal , if I had know all this before hand I world of done it while the engine was out :-( Sod's law all this needs done!!!! Then hopefully once its sealed and back together and I have bleed the clutch and foot break and start  her up that will be it fingers crossed but going by everything so far something else will rear its head and need done I sure I'm not meant to have her working as nothing has gone right so far.
Anyways I will be back to it soon and hope all goes smoothly and easy--- yes I was joking lol
Laters
John

lurch032003

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2015, 01:12:37 AM »
Was hard at work on her today, got the engine out and balanced over engine bay, stripped of the bell housing and clutch etc and gave them a good power wash down and same for gearbox all of which had a good soak in oil, so scrubbing brush was out to give then a goid clean,after a bit if drying time I started to give them a do over with a copper bristle drill bit to get any last remaining signs and dirt completely of everything.
I then started putting it all back together with its new rear crank oil seal in place and as suspected the old one was well warped and not doing its job and plus used instant gasket gel on the housing to ensure a good seal as po attempt was very thin on the ground.
All went well and engine been dropped back in with a inch still to be pushed back into the bell housing to go before I gave up for the day so nearly there at last.
     This has been not been just a simple engine swap as I hopped as near everything has had to be done to get this to work , I suspect the po who had it had run it till there was a problem he couldn't fix and just gave up and stripped it out and then gave it away without telling the new owners the problems it had which would of been great to know as I don't  want anymore surpizes to pop up now .
Well I hope to get back to it tomorrow or soon as its balance on two engine stands and a block of wood to keep it pushed back and that's it lol .
Well I will post up how it goes or next problem lol
Laters
John

lurch032003

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
Well it's been up balanced and stripped , I have jet washed and cleaned if all traces of oil and old silicon seals and replace the crank oil seal which after looking at old one it was needed,it's now all be put back together and bolted back up and in bar one engine mount which I suspected needed more modifying as its about a inch off from fitting so got cut a new part to bolt and weld to engine mount to make it secure again.
So once that's done it reassembly off everything and fill it up with all nessary fluids and bleed and fingers crossed that's it fixed so I can get back to fine tuning it if required as suspect having that leak would not if help the running if the engine and hence may of been contribtable to some of the exhaust smoke well I hope it is so hope to get back to it again and will hope to post good news.
Cheers
John

lurch032003

« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2015, 09:01:42 PM »
She's runs and when warm no smoke like before hardly noticeable , I had to get battery recharged, fix brake pipe and found the master brake cylinder has had it after sitting unused all this time so two new ones( bearmach ) as no point fitting less as found they are poor and don't last long. So once that in and fixed I should get a test drive and mot done and she should be okay cause I have a funny feeling that I'm going to need her a lot over next couple of months I can feel it in my bones we are going to get a very bad winter.
Anyways hope everyone else is okay and had there builds/repairs go okay and everyone is keeping good.
John

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2015, 03:44:21 AM »
Hi all due to changes that I had to make and finances I have dropped from being a paid member plus since I haven't been able to par take in any events or most unlike any time soon also as my Landy is still sitting needing fixed and my health hasn't been great much like the weather really bad so not been at her to try get her fixed .
I'm missing having her for use as lived driving her but maybe hope yet if the weather changes I might just get her tow down to the garage and pay to get her fixed just means putting a few holes in belt fir a while but that's my last resort if I can't .
Well think a new thread for 2016 needs started any suggestions?
Cheers
John
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2015, 08:49:42 PM »
2016 the year of optomism and hope?
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

gennydoctor

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »
I thought a thread about hard luck tales, rubbishing advice after seeking it and moaning about parts had for free or those who gave them would be appropriate? Could you contribute to this lurch???

hunter

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2015, 10:41:32 PM »
hi there in 2016 I am planning on building a 88inch tomcat may make a good thread. I have chassies poles and lots of fibre glass moulds also diesel and petrol engines auto boxes and manual boxes so not sure on details colours or names Happy New year when it comes

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2016, 06:38:56 AM »
I thought a thread about hard luck tales, rubbishing advice after seeking it and moaning about parts had for free or those who gave them would be appropriate? Could you contribute to this lurch???
Sounds like you have a few takes to tell of your own so why don't you start us off so we can see what you wish to say ????
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

aqms987

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2016, 09:56:19 PM »
 Now Now Children!