Passed mot but lacks power a lot of black smoke on use

· 17 · 3584

DRH

Re: Passed mot but lacks power a lot of black smoke on use
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »
Hi John

When you do your stock check - make sure you've not used up your stock of determination!  Without the other challenges you have - many guys would have given up on this long long ago.  Good on you.

If you go the route of using the pistons in the good block, the only thing I would say is to make sure neither of them have been bored out.

Good luck and 10/10 for perseverence

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Re: Passed mot but lacks power a lot of black smoke on use
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »
Hi John

When you do your stock check - make sure you've not used up your stock of determination!  Without the other challenges you have - many guys would have given up on this long long ago.  Good on you.

If you go the route of using the pistons in the good block, the only thing I would say is to make sure neither of them have been bored out.

Good luck and 10/10 for perseverence
Hi yes I thought about the reborn bit :-( all I can do to save time is measure and hope there close as to each other or that plan sort of goes tits up.
Me have determination naw it's pure male stubbornness to give in, as long as I'm able to lift a spanner I will never give up I will find a way to fix ,repair or replace something.
It's not in me to give up just doing what the doc says a min of 30mins excerzise a day and listen to my body to when to rest or stop.
Anyways here's hopping with everything crossed I find a fix.
Laters and cheers
John
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.