help needed in bathgate with a nano or similar

· 5 · 1778

timekeeper

• Name: Matthew D. Pelletier
help needed in bathgate with a nano or similar
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:32:58 PM »
Hi guys. Sorry I have had nothing to say since selling my disco but I have been driving a volvo v70 for my sins so i guess I have had my punishment?

Jokes aside, I decided I wanted a p38 and I wanted the 2.5, mostly for the fuel economy i can achieve and because im a BMW fan and cant keep watching that engine perform poorly anywhere!,

I have bought the RR. I did get a good deal and its a low mileage one, only 120k on the clock verified. ONE BIG problem, 3rd owner who only had it for 4 months or so, decided to replace gaskets in the FIP without knowing anything about range rovers or bmws. A verified land rover mech knows the car and sold the previous owner the gaskets. I am told 4 weeks ago the truck ran really well then it came in on a flat bed. The mech is a land rover guy not range rover so he has no clue whats wrong all we know is the monkey fiddled with the pump, had no idea about timing the pump and only tells us it wont start now. I have checked compression before buying and i have to say, the lump looks really good. The short of this story is i have a suspicion that the immobilizer is at fault for the turning over issue as the battery is dead and he has disconnected the pump. so ecu out of sinc straight away. Im wondering if that is all thats all  wrong but need a Nano or Faultmate to reset. Anybody in the area that has one? I will be willing to donate to your favorite cause! :)

timekeeper

Re: help needed in bathgate with a nano or similar
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:17:19 PM »
by donate to your favorite cause....i meant ...I will be happy to pay for your time.

timekeeper

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »
thanks to Lurch for coming out. Thankfully I was able to get a look in and found no issues with ecu etc. I no longer need any help with a reader ty all :)

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:41:44 PM »
thanks to Lurch for coming out. Thankfully I was able to get a look in and found no issues with ecu etc. I no longer need any help with a reader ty all :)
Hi have u got it going yet mate kept looking to see.
John
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

timekeeper

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:44:43 PM »
No it is much worse than I thought. The whole fuel system is shot, or was, from in tank pump to injectors. NEVER use bio diesel in a p38 especially if its home made unless you want to spend loads of cash!