phoenix defender, Bathgate

· 5 · 2236

weetoddy

phoenix defender, Bathgate
« on: June 13, 2017, 11:12:46 PM »
hi folks , anyone had any dealings with phoenix defender in bathgate ? looking to maybe get a car from them and just looking to see what they like as a garage, quality of cars, after sales things like that any info would be greatly appreciated .

cheers Iain
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky engine

scotscim

Re: phoenix defender, Bathgate
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »
If its Romano your talking to, I have done a few deals for parts with him and always found him fair to deal with.

From what l have seen of the work, he's done on a few of his Landrovers they are well presented.( never tried or tested them)

Otherwise I have no connection with them.
Cheers
Greig
Greig

1996 Defender 110 300tdi station wagon

1953 series 1 80 inch

timekeeper

• Name: Matthew D. Pelletier
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »
Hey,

I know I am new around these parts and as such my word doesn't have much weight, however, I would recommend Phoenix based on what I have seen and how they have dealt with me.  I have just purchased a P38 from them that, yes, requires work but that was how it was advertised. One look around the shop and you will not believe your eyes! Romano has some lovely Defenders there that are complete or near complete and I would be very very proud to own one of them! On top of that he is a lovely fella to talk to, he is polite and knowledgeable about his subject and very fair. He has done very well by me and if it was a defender I was looking for I would definitely consider one of his.

shootyer

• Name: Brian Duffie
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
Had some dealings with them a couple of years ago.  Wouldn't use them again.
TD5 110 CSW
Freelander 1 Kalahari G4 Edition

timekeeper

• Name: Matthew D. Pelletier
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »
yeah..I think I want to change my post. There is no way this RR was running the way he said before I bought it. Yeah I know I bought it as a non runner, but, I am in the middle of a full engine rebuild for a RR that just had a diesel pump fault!