FIP schematic or knowledge needed

· 3 · 1517

timekeeper

• Name: Matthew D. Pelletier
FIP schematic or knowledge needed
« on: July 09, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
Hello folks. I have finally had time to get into my P38 and I have run into a bit of bother regarding the FIP. the previous nutter who had it decided to do unknown surgery to the high pressure pump and I am unable to get fuel out of it to the injectors.

I am told he replaced the seals however it seems he has done something else as well. My investigations found that the in tank lift pump was faulty and the ecu was locked out. New pump and eka entered has fuel in the high pressure pump and it now turns over. The fuel stop solenoid is tested and functioning. I have been able to set the fip timing which seems to indicate that the pump is turning as I am able to cycle it through all cylinders by hand and the dial gauge happily goes in and out through stroke. There is diesel coming out the fuel return and a trickle coming out the inspection bolt hole (the bolt removed to place the dial gauge for timing on the high pressure side) but there isnt a trickle or even a drop in the injector lines. The only things I can think of are 1 the key is worn causing the drive sprocket to slip when the pump is pressurizing or 2 the metering sleeve is stuck open and the fuel is passing through the pump and back out the return 3 that in changing the seals he has blocked a port.

Does anybody have an idea or a schematic for the bosch pump ending in 994 that will help me determine why I cant get fuel out of the fip? 

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Re: FIP schematic or knowledge needed
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »
Hi mate after some searching found this on Bosch not sure if it any good but here's the link it's a 142 page PDFs on them cheers john.

http://www.megasquirt.325ix.com/files/EFI/Bosch%20Fuel%20Injection%20Systems%20-%20Forbes%20Aird.pdf
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

timekeeper

• Name: Matthew D. Pelletier
Re: FIP schematic or knowledge needed
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42:30 PM »
TY thats great info! I am way past that now. Turns out that methynol based bio diesel was run in this and it took out the whole fuel system. Im deep in a full engine rebuild now :/ Im now rebuilding the injectors :/