Green Road Run - 9 & 10 September

· 12 · 2542

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
Green Road Run - 9 & 10 September
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
For the September event we're planning our annual trip over the border into Northumberland for some green-laning.
For the last few years we've gone to Kielder Forest area, but to explore new routes, this year we're heading a little further south, to the Hexham area. Weekend of 9th and 10th September, we will be based at Green Carts campsite - www.greencarts.co.uk. - call 01434 681320 to book a camping space, and mention that you are with Scottish Land Rover Owners Club as we've arranged with owners to have a section of the campsite allocated to us so we are all in the same area.
For anyone not wanting to camp over, or only able to participate on one day, that's not a problem - we will assemble at campsite on the Saturday around 11:30, ready to leave at midday. On the Sunday we will aim to be away by 11am.
We will research greenlanes in the area prior to the event and will have these marked out on a map - it would be helpful if some folks could also bring OS maps of the area as, dependent on numbers, we may have to split into smaller groups. CBs are also useful on these trips for groups to keep in touch.
Last year's trip to Kielder was a great event with about a dozen vehicles and their occupants camping to do both days, and a handful of others joining us just for a single day - why not give it a try this year for a fun, sociable weekend, with hopefully some "interesting" lanes to explore.
Can you please post on here if planning to go - helps to have a rough idea of numbers that are going.
Give me a shout if any questions, Alan.

MEJ999

• Name: Michael Jackson
Re: Green Road Run - 9 & 10 September
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:20:25 PM »
Hi Alan,

I am hoping to go for the full weekend.

Michael

Alan Mc

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 09:30:33 PM »
Hi Alan. 

I will be there with one of my boys.  Plan to get there Saturday morning and stay over that night.  Will book camping over weekend.   Thanks for organising and looking forward to it.   Alan. 

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »
Sounds like this could be a great trip.  Are there any locations near to the campsite that can accomodate caravans?
Navigator          GM1VBE

ianp45

• Name: Ian piacentini
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »
I will be going both days ,will drive to the meeting point on Sat. and Sunday.
Green Defender 110 Utility TDCI

ROBBONTHEROCK

• Name: Andy Robb
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
Hi,

Is this still on, I fancy coming along to this if it is ;)

Cheers
Andy

yellodisco

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »
Yep Andy, still going ahead - got some good ideas for routes, just to work out what's best way of doing it. Will be putting some reminders on here and facebook pages this week, Alan

yellodisco

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 12:17:24 AM »
So, a few more details about the greenlaning weekend. We've identified over a dozen lanes in the area, varying from a few hundred yards to many miles of off-roading, plus Slaley Forest. There's a rough plan for routes round the lanes, but how we do it depends on numbers attending and what type of driving people want to do (and navigational skills!). we'll set off in groups of 4 or 5, and leader of each group will need to navigate (may be looking for volunteers). Meeting place and departure times remain as per original post. The campsite have advised they still have spaces available if anyone else wants to get booked in.

3 requests -
1) if possible bring OS maps of the area (or for the more sophisticated, an electronic device with good map software). I have OS Explorer series OL43 which is ideal, but standard OS maps covering area between Hexham and Haltwhistle (+10 miles north and south) (Sheet 87?) are also good. I've highlighted the lanes on my map for copying onto your own map before we set off. Alternatively, you can take photos of the map (e.g. phone or ipad) but not sure if this would give sufficient detail to follow.
2) if you have a CB please bring it.
3) please bring some wooden contributions for Saturday night camp fire.

Look forward to seeing everyone there - big thanks to John Smith and Stewart Sneddon for their help with route planning.
Alan

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »
Not going to make it I'm afraid, no chance of getting a suitable vehicle MOT'd in time :-(

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

marty

• Name: Martin Smith
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 09:47:42 PM »
New member - wife an I keen to come along. Still spaces?

yellodisco

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 12:47:26 AM »
campsite still had space a few days ago - give them a call on 01434 681320. No restriction on numbers - we'll just split into groups depending how many turn up on saturday morning, Alan

marty

• Name: Martin Smith
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 09:52:43 AM »
Great and thanks - look forward to meeting folks tomorrow
we're in a grey defender 90 TDCi, cheers Martin