RRC Value....

· 3 · 1205

Mikey

RRC Value....
« on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
Hello,

I've been offered a non running LSE. It doesn't have an engine and the bodywork needs some TLC (welding..).
I too have a non-running LSE (only because the fuel pump is broken) but my body work is totally shot. My idea is to combine the two cars into one nice one.

Trouble is the chap with the LSE has no idea how much he wants. He just want's something. I know he bought it a good few years ago (not from new) for a lot of money. I think it had a big refurb but then got well used near the coast.  I've been asked to make an offer but don't want to take the piss...

Any help appreciated.

Mike.
Mikey.
1985 110 CSW, 300Tdi fitted.
1993 Classic LSE, V8 LPG.

rangerovering

Re: RRC Value....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
Hi Mike,

Is it a soft dash or not? Also depends really on how much welding it needs, how complete and tidy the rest of the car is etc. If the interior is mint then for soft dash I would reckon £1500 might be the ball park....

Classics have gone up in value a lot, fairly ordinary 100" hard dash ones with no major repair history (ie needing camshafts and re bushing etc) are pushing £4-5k for tidy ones.

Cheers
Steve

Mikey

Re: RRC Value....
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »
Hiya Steve,

Hiya Steve, yes, that was kind of the figure I had in mind.

I would recoup some of that as I'd be swapping my interior, seats & carpet across as mine are cream leather and nicer, so I'd be selling off all the usable parts from the both cars once everything is sorted, this includes gearbox, all running gear electrical bits n bobs etc.
I'd also would swap across my chrome bumpers, much more stylish....

The other car's a soft dash, which is a shame as I prefer the look of the dash in mine but I reckon that's a pig of a job to change over (if you can??) But my old dash would also be for sale along with the original Clarion radio etc.

I'll mull it over and see....

Cheers.
Mikey.
1985 110 CSW, 300Tdi fitted.
1993 Classic LSE, V8 LPG.