Raiper FV-2410 info wished

· 7 · 1384

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Raiper FV-2410 info wished
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »
Hi I've acquired a raiper FV-2410 trailer and on hunt for information in regards to it, manuals,advice etc I know it chassis was used for many models all starting with FV-24@@ I'm more concerned with need of how to recommission it's brakes and it height adjustment control as sized through none use by pervious owners for a long time to help identify I have a link to picks if it.
Also I'm still stuck without a working engine for my s3 88 as all three yes three 2.5na I've got all have something wrong with them and need to strip them all down and hopfully I will get one working out of them all but am open to any working and can be seen working 2.5na diesels not to dear out there if someone selling one.
Anyways here's the link to the trailer

Cheers
John

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lurch032003/library/Raiper%20FV-2410
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
Re: Raiper FV-2410 info wished
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:41:03 AM »
I've got a spare 19j kicking about John  :)
It was bought as a runner and a spare for ermintrude
You'll need to sort a courier  ;)
Nick
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

cenemc

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »
John has enough bad luck in his life without being saddled with a 19J boiling vessel  :)

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:56:43 AM »
The link shows me pictures for only a few seconds before being covered with adverts.  I use one of these trailers myself so I can perhaps help a bit. Is it a resupply or maintainance version?  Only the latter has the winding mechanism for adjustment in height.

Should be out on the next GRR if you want a chat.
Navigator          GM1VBE

Lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »
The link shows me pictures for only a few seconds before being covered with adverts.  I use one of these trailers myself so I can perhaps help a bit. Is it a resupply or maintainance version?  Only the latter has the winding mechanism for adjustment in height.

Should be out on the next GRR if you want a chat.
It has the winding mechanisum which is solid, I don't have ^^^ working engine fir Landy so won't get to GGR :-((( not been to one in donkeys :-((( any info or pics on the trailer as a whole I'm in need off but will be sitting till I got engine fixed , sorry 19j would take me further away from having a 12j going , I hope if weather good and I'm good in morning heading up to undo last three nuts to extract the engine and start the long haul of stripping off parts needed on first one which had cracked piston heads my theory which I know folk may jump up and down at is to take the best four out the other two after measuring each to ensure best fit is archived without going for new Pistons linings etc etc just strip out of all three to make one is my plan, I do have new Pistons, rings,bearings etc which where required will be replaced totally or swapped and with hopfully a bit of luck my way for once I get a working engine that will do me till I get space to move them to mancave and work on one during winter , well that's my plan it will either work okay as can't be as bad as what's happened so far lol . Cracked Pistons on first engine, hole in side of block and broke timing belt on second and third rough , leaking water from head and core plug so I should have enough parts to fix up first one I hope. Cheers
John

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »
So it's a maintenance version then.  Should have hood sticks and a hood as well. Was fitted with pods containing racks for the electronic test gear.  I've got one of these pods, but none of the test kit.

The wheels are different from the usual Land Rover/Sankey ones as the centre is deeply offset so tyres don't run on the side of the trailer. Trickey if you want to carry a spare.
Navigator          GM1VBE

Lurch032003

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 07:29:41 PM »
So it's a maintenance version then.  Should have hood sticks and a hood as well. Was fitted with pods containing racks for the electronic test gear.  I've got one of these pods, but none of the test kit.

The wheels are different from the usual Land Rover/Sankey ones as the centre is deeply offset so tyres don't run on the side of the trailer. Trickey if you want to carry a spare.
Yes maintance and a how to guide is what I'm after, the way it can be lowered and raised, how the hydraulic brake system works and parts, normal handbrake mechisum and parts.
I will be fitting a rear spare tyer to one side of frame plus fitting a hand whinch to rear so I can use it to transport my lawntractor up to my mums and back , the hoop system I will look at and possibly make some up and obtain some cloth also to make one for it good excuse to use my pipe bender again, will Aldo make up some ramps fir it also along with side holders to bolt and lock them on fir use, so in all plans upon plans for it.
As for engine I have near,y fully stripped one down completly and found it four pistons and bearing in very good condition showing very little wear or use as checked bearing against new one I have and damm near spot on same as new!! So plan next it to get other block with the cracked Pistons out and replaced and possible bearing too but won't know till I get in and about it next .
Laters all
John