Defender 90 Side Exit Exhaust / Normal Exhaust

· 3 · 1132

s17acs

• Name: Andrew Steel
Defender 90 Side Exit Exhaust / Normal Exhaust
« on: December 26, 2017, 05:26:59 PM »
I am looking for some advice to replace the exhaust I ripped off at the Boxing Day bash please. 

It was rotten anyway and has snapped just after centre box.  My 90 is 1989 originally a 19J engine now converted to 200tdi but the exhaust that has fallen off looks nothing like a 200tdi exhaust I have been looking at online. I imagine all the chassis mounts will be for a 19J and the broken piece resembles a 300tdi rear section modified to suit

I was considering a side exit system that comes out near the passenger door however they seem really expensive for some small bits of pipe.  Does anybody have any advice or know somebody who has had one 'manufactured'?  Based in Falkirk and still to try GEMM in Larbert.

Many thanks,
Andrew.

Sandy M

Re: Defender 90 Side Exit Exhaust / Normal Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
As far as I know, the main differences between the 19J exhaust and the 200 Tdi system (apart from the manifold/downpipe section) is the layout of the pipes and the method of joining them.  19J has the compression/overlap style while the 200 Tdi  sections are joined by 3 x bolt flanges. 

The 300 Tdi and 200 Tdi versions are as above, with different manifold/downpipe sections and the 300 Tdi style having 2 x bolt flanges at the joins.

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
Re: Defender 90 Side Exit Exhaust / Normal Exhaust
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:52:39 AM »
Hi Andrew.
You will have the 300 centre and rear box fitted when the conversion was done (easiest to do) or the original 19j (which is a bit restrictive at full power with the 200) I would think any of the stainless evhaust fabricators around you will be able to do it at a reasonable cost.
She said at my age I need something else to play with