Islay 4 to 7 May - discount code for campsite - please book your own pitches

· 5 · 1627

stanlee

• Name: Dave Low
Hi all,

Quick update on the planned trip to Islay at the start of May. For those wishing to stay in a campsite with decent facilities, we've chosen the Port Mor campsite just outside Port Charlotte:
http://islandofislay.co.uk/campsite.php

Contact details for making bookings are on that web page. Please quote code LR4518 and you should get the reduced rates of £6 per adult per night and £3 for children up to 16 years old. Children up to 5yrs old are free. Payment is by cheque or cash only. The campsite is also dog friendly at no extra charge and there are 14 electrical hookups available at £4 per night.

As we've said all along, feel free to do your own thing when it comes to accom, but it would be really good to get a large number of folk in the campsite. We're planning to take the club pop-up to provide a shelter.

Cheers - Dave (07990 618662)

Simon27

• Name: Simon Boak
The Facebook event page is now up: https://www.facebook.com/events/2136281783261411

Please hit the "Going" button or reply here if you're planning to come and help spread the word.

stanlee

Thanks Simon. Yes, my family is confirmed, hopefully travelling in a borrowed Disco as I couldn’t face the slagging if I’d turned up in a Kia!

Cheers - Dave

stanlee

Quick Islay update for those whose sailings have been cancelled and rescheduled.

If you phone Calmac, it's possible to get wait listed for the earlier return boats (9:45am and 3:30pm on Monday 7th, I think) without affecting your confirmed booking. If someone with a booking for those sailings changes their plans, then Calmac will apparently go to the waiting list first and you are then moved from the waiting list and given a confirmed booking for that earlier boat (replacing your existing booking on the late boat).

Alternatively, there is usually more capacity on the boats than confirmed bookings so it's also possible to just turn up and queue and hope for the best.

stanlee

Well the Islay trip is nearly upon us and some folk are heading over already. For those on the 13:00 sailing tomorrow (Friday), a few of us will be meeting in the big car park at Lomond Shores in Balloch (the one to the SW of the large curved building). We plan to leave at 9am to allow for a relaxed drive round to Kennacraig with possible stops at the Rest and be Thankful and/or Inveraray and/or Lochgilphead (for fuel).

We'll be in a red Discovery 4 kindly lent to us and I Alan G will be in the bright orange G4 Discovery.

Cheers - Dave (07990 618662)