What replacement seats from scrappy for Series3?

· 4 · 1508

Petes_Series

What replacement seats from scrappy for Series3?
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:02:05 AM »
The base has given way on one of my seats so I thought a trip to the scrappy might be in order to get a new set.

What do people recommend?

I’ve read Nissan micra or smart car.

What are people’s experiences. I’m quite tall so nothing too high. I’d like to see the road ahead!
We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging.

mudTerrain

Re: What replacement seats from scrappy for Series3?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
I'm not sure how different a S3 seatbox is in terms of height to a Td5 seatbox, but I've got Saab 9000 seats in mine - they've got a pretty low-profile base, so the seating position is still OK.  I tried the seats out of a Shogun and they're far too big - nice seats, though :)

:)

aqms987

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 11:09:45 PM »
 Hi
 I have a set of Recarro seats from a Vauxhall Vectra VXR fitted in my 110, they have the advantages that they can be fully reclined if required, have a heated facility & are very comfortable. They were readily adapted to fit onto the seat box, leaving enough space for a cubby box between the seats. I did have a set of SAAB seats in a previous 110 but found them to be on the wide side thus restricting the seat belt fixings although they were very comfortable. I expect that Recarro seats from any other car would also fit, MX5 for instance.

mudTerrain

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
Ooh yeah, that is true about the seat-belts, actually.  I took out the standard "socket" ends and fitted aftermarket ones on flexible mounts like this.