i think ive done it honest

· 5 · 1747

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
i think ive done it honest
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:28:15 AM »
well after a few years trying and set backs,bad engines bought old engine blown,sold wrong i have five engines later yes five all 2,5 n\a i found a non smoking first time starting and run s great from out of a old 90 which drove onto flatbed and off onto ramp a 19j with a garrett turbo fitted have it now installed into my landrover series 3 diesel 88'' and it works yes honest it works and runs great no smoke out of rear when driven with the back loaded to roof of parts and tools etc from stripping down the 90 of parts which may be used or sold when i get round to sorting out all i have maybe by a summer , please note i said '''by a summer'' not saying this year or next lol
i just to adjust accelerator pedal from the 90 to a better height, adjust and fit exhaust parts better .adjust or fix clutch leak,sort headlights and horn wiring and finally adjust hand brake betterbar that she runs and stops great hope to off road test her this week or next with mate as this time i have the electric winch(got to wire up new wireless controller) from the flatbed fitted its a ten tonne or 13000lb one with wire rope all fitted and working from seperate batterys which get chargeup up after main one charged as it a 24v winch but i tested it and it works great,i also to check trailer socket and thats it i think lol and as per usual when it running theres no bloody snow not once in over five year i owned her has she been running when its snowed maybe if i keep her running there wont be snow ever lol anyways main thing is she back on road just once i finish the lights and handbrake go back and get her rechecked from main garage guy round corner to ensure she is fully road safe for use.
so look out im back lol see u all soon i hope on a green road run soon.
ps my mate has a recovery flatbed if you hadn't guessed already and will quote you happy if your in need he also does car body repair which is the companys name and web site name and im just around the corner to help out if need be also as his english isnt great as hes polish but a great guy only problem he got rid of his defender 110 and uses a nissan patrol with a 6.2lt hummer h1 fitted and she sounds sweet but trying to get him to get a landrover still lol catch u all soon
 john
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

aqms987

Re: i think ive done it honest
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 08:43:13 AM »
 Great to hear your good news especially after the trials & tribulations you have endured! Hope you have many happy miles in the 88!

Lurch032003

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 02:00:22 PM »
Great to hear your good news especially after the trials & tribulations you have endured! Hope you have many happy miles in the 88!

thankyou i hope so too,im in garage doing the extra bits i said i had to do so it up on ramp but i no strength in hands so have to keep stopping till there some more blood in them lol
i will get there just not as quick as others can do stuff but i do get it done
so for now
cheers and see u all soon
john

rangerovering

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 07:34:00 AM »
Good news John! I like the 19J I had one in an 88 as well and it was a willing enough engine for the size of truck, td5 intercooler accross the front helped reduce head temps a bit.
Steve

Lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 04:34:28 AM »
Good news John! I like the 19J I had one in an 88 as well and it was a willing enough engine for the size of truck, td5 intercooler accross the front helped reduce head temps a bit.
Yep I’ve to refit a cooler sticking it up front next to rad so will get good air flow driving and still get cooling from fan on engine going to fit separate temp gauge on it as have a couple of 12v fans which I could fix to front of it to turn on manually or auto not sure will see how it reads hopefully won’t need them  thanks for the reminder as took off as was leaking at join in pipe leaving a lovely pool on. Ages garage floor lol  so hope to refit today or tomorrow depending how I get on with adjusting pedal as using one out a 90 in the 88 do just a bend in pedal needed I hope but when will decide when off better .