Q Plate info

· 3 · 1246

Albadorn

• Name: Willie Scott
Q Plate info
« on: March 31, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
Was looking at buying a Q Plate Landrover 90 , its just passed its MOT and registered on the DVLA website. Am i correct in thinking to get a vehicle registered on a Q plate it needs or needed to go through a Vehicle Inspection Check? if so does anyone know if there is relevant paperwork from the DVLA that gets issued after said test ? 

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Q Plate info
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:58:11 AM »
Not heard anything about that but I understand DVLA are now being much harder on people trying to get a Q plate removed in favour of an age-related plate. Seems they are flatly refusing to entertain the idea if the Q plate is more than a year old.

Any idea of why it ended up on a Q Plate ?
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Re: Q Plate info
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
I think if you contact a local vosa check station they can perform a check so you have relevant paperwork to request change if plate to a age related one if it meets the 8 point rule and its serial plate is reconisgned as that being said vehicle and the 8 point parts all relate to that vehicle and not one been made up of differant vehicles and plate missing so unable to be reconisgned as a orginal vehicle therefore will remain as a q plate.  Hope that helps .
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.