For sale: Land Rover Series 3 109 Station Wagon

· 2 · 740

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
For sale: Land Rover Series 3 109 Station Wagon
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
After a lot of swithering I've decided to sell my Series 3 109 Station Wagon rather than finish the restoration myself.

Link to gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbuY27j

I had intended to have the work done this summer, but realistically, that's not going to happen. So rather than put it back into storage once more, I think it's time to find it a home with an owner who has the time and inclination.

The vehicle already has many of the most desirable parts for an everyday truck:

rot-free galvanised chassis
good quality parabolic springs
stainless steel fuel tank
300tdi conversion (engineered by Shug) with a rebuilt top end, injector pump, injectors and fuel system, intercooler
...and new radiator
Fairey overdrive
rare all-aluminium seatbox
military all-aluminium front windows

It runs and drives and, prior to laying it up in 2014, it returned 35+mpg and cruised comfortably at 70mph. Steering is unusually accurate for a Series truck.

It was laid-up because the bulkhead and side frames are corroded and needed to be repaired or replaced and new swivels fitted.

Now, pay attention, 'cos this is the important bit - I am selling the truck with:

1 x excellent, rot-free Series 3 replacement bulkhead
2 x original completely rot-free Series side frames, which I have had galvanised for long life.
2 x Britpart swivel replacement kit, which includes new swivels and all necessary seals, shims and bolts etc.
plus a bunch of other odds and sods spares, including some interior trim

You'll need to replace or repair:
front doors (but not the fancy aluminium windows, which are fine)
second row doors - which could be repaired and reskinned as the window frames are okay
rear door
headlining (not so hard if you've got basic machine sewing skills or know someone who has)

Personally, I would also have stripped all panels to bare metal and resprayed, as a previous owner had blown it over with a paint you can scratch off with your fingernails.

I'd very much rather sell this truck as a running restoration with the new bulkhead and side frames rather than strip it and sell off the parts individually.

As this is the SLROC and I'd prefer the membership to have first dibs, I feel I can be candid about timing and valuation. The truck as it stands, with an excellent 300tdi, galvanised chassis, parabolics etc and various goodies is worth £2,000 and the corrosion-free bulkhead and side frames a further £2,250.
So, £4,250 gets to take it home.
If it doesn't sell here, then after two weeks it goes on eBay.
It's in storage near Biggar and viewings are welcome for those with a serious interest.
DM me here or call me on 07976 312486 to discuss.
Kathy

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
Re: For sale: Land Rover Series 3 109 Station Wagon
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »
SOLD