Does anyone know if its still on and where this will be held

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:35:31 PM by 90XS »
Oldjocksrustbucket.

GSM

• Name: Gordon McCheyne
Re: December Green Road Run
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 11:14:37 PM »
Hi there,
See below - a copy from a post on the clubs Facebook page.

Hi folks just to let you know due to work and family commitments John and I have been unable to sort a Green Road Run as per Club calender for 9 December. We have a couple of new places in pipeline for next year.
Thanks to all who have turned up to our runs this year and hopefully you have all enjoyed. Will keep you up to date in the New Year.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Good New Year
John Smith and Caroline

cenemc

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:19:02 AM »
Seems a shame that this was not posted on the SLROC's own forum! :o

90XS

• Name: John Kram
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:30:43 AM »
Just for reference not everyone has / uses facebook  :-\ ,  its mostly the green road runs that interest me.

I can understand it takes a fair bit of organising and its much appreciated.

John
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 02:16:31 PM by 90XS »
Oldjocksrustbucket.

GSM

• Name: Gordon McCheyne
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »
I’ll ensure your comments are passed onto the GRR organisers.

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 10:47:15 PM »
Hi,
Just as a note regarding Facebook and SLROC forum, the committee are looking into improving communications within the club.
It is recognised that there are a good number of active members who would prefer not to use facebook.
We have looked at automatically duplicating key messages posted on facebook in SLROC forum but it appears Facebook security prevents this.
To this end it is in my mind that the SLROC forum should be overhauled and made much more user friendly and visually attractive, thus making it a better meeting and discussion medium than facebook.
We will be discussing this and any other available alternatives to try and alleviate the disconnect between info here and on facebook.
In the meantime please bear with us but do not hold back on thoughts of how we can improve matters. Convenors of the various groups are being made aware of the need to post on forum as well as facebook.
We have been trialing direct emails with updates but have tried to limit this to once a month so does not necessarily catch issues like late date changes.
Hope this helps give you an insight into how we are trying to resolve this.
Thank you
Neil
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

90XS

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »
I’ll ensure your comments are passed onto the GRR organisers.

Many thanks Gordon, all the hard works very much appreciated, hope to catch up next year.
John
Oldjocksrustbucket.

90XS

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
Hi,
Just as a note regarding Facebook and SLROC forum, the committee are looking into improving communications within the club.
It is recognised that there are a good number of active members who would prefer not to use facebook.
We have looked at automatically duplicating key messages posted on facebook in SLROC forum but it appears Facebook security prevents this.
To this end it is in my mind that the SLROC forum should be overhauled and made much more user friendly and visually attractive, thus making it a better meeting and discussion medium than facebook.
We will be discussing this and any other available alternatives to try and alleviate the disconnect between info here and on facebook.
In the meantime please bear with us but do not hold back on thoughts of how we can improve matters. Convenors of the various groups are being made aware of the need to post on forum as well as facebook.
We have been trialing direct emails with updates but have tried to limit this to once a month so does not necessarily catch issues like late date changes.
Hope this helps give you an insight into how we are trying to resolve this.
Thank you
Neil

Many thanks Neil,

I understand there’s lots of organising to do and its all time consuming, it’s very much appreciated.

John
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:06:17 PM by 90XS »
Oldjocksrustbucket.

Smiffy

• Name: John smith
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »
Sorry this was an oversight I thought I had put on here as I usually put on at same time as Facebook. Whenever there is a GRR it is always put on in plenty time so people know what's happening and can plan. The road run was cancelled due to family and work comittments. A lot of my time and effort is put into our Green Road Runs and if you use this forum you will see we do usually put on the forum so it wasn't just a case of using facebook to let everyone know

90XS

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 07:08:11 PM »
Hi John
Thanks, no apology necessary, I know you and Alan in the past put a great deal of effort into the GRR and it’s very much appreciated, I’m certainly not complaining John, I’ve not been keeping up with technology I just don’t use Facebook, I struggle with an iPad  :) I hope you and the family have a good Christmas and new year, hope to catch up next year.

John
Oldjocksrustbucket.

Haggisrider

• Name: Tom McIlree
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 10:41:13 PM »
Is the Boxing Day run still on
Looking forward to it
Tom

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh