For Sale – 1989 Defender 90 Truck Cab

· 2 · 975

s17acs

• Name: Andrew Steel
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:35:34 PM »

After a lot of thought, I have decided to sell my 90 as it no longer meets my family needs.  There are three seats in the truck cab and four members of my family so day trips and Green Road runs are not possible.

It has an MOT until April 2019, starts reliably and has had lots of work done over the past few years I have owned it for.

Some relevant information:
•   It has a 200tdi engine originally from a Discovery.  Starts easily 1st time and pulls well through the gears.  Has a bit of weeping from here and there.  Car shows approx 127,000 miles although I can’t be sure what the engine has covered.
•   Rear crossmember and front outriggers have been replaced and the chassis was Kurusted; red oxide primed and black gloss painted when I got it.  While I believe solid overall, it could be doing with another check over and paint.
•   Bulkhead has had repair/filler at the tops and a little blistering I can see in the drivers footwell but has never been raised as an issue at MOT.

Recent work:
•   New waterpump fitted to resolve the one advisory from last years MOT.
•   New electric fan fitted with manual on/off switch to replace viscous fan.
•   Steering drop arm, universal joints on steering column and several track rod ends replaced.
•   New heavy duty rear springs and shock absorbers.

Car is located in Bonnybridge near Falkirk.  Would be far easier for people to come and have a look and discuss than write everything here.  It is nearly 30 years old but I feel still looks presentable.  Just had a front end freshen up with new black paint and bonnet sticker.  Will come as seen in pictures with Ifor Williams canopy and Superwinch Husky (not wired or tested).

I am looking for sensible offers around £3500 before I consider eBay and Gumtree.
Thanks,
Andrew.
07718318426 or andrew.steel1@talktalk.net

s17acs

• Name: Andrew Steel
Re: For Sale – 1989 Defender 90 Truck Cab
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:51:23 PM »
Price reduced to offers around £3250.
Just bought a Freelander and much as I would like two Land Rovers, I've been told to sell it on!
Thanks,
Andrew.
andrew.steel1@talktalk.net