Loving my D2 again

· 1 · 862

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
Loving my D2 again
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
After 3 years of ownership and trouble free motoring I’ve had a few issues with my 2002 Discovery2 TD5 , firstly I had to renew the power steering pipes as they were leaking , just got it back from garage and I noticed it was leaking diesel at the fuel filter . I tried to tighten up the connections but the alloy housing was rotten and snapped off , bought a new housing unit but the plastic clips that hold the fuel lines on would not connect tightly so new connectors were required .
It’s due an MOT very soon so hoping that will go smoothly as I spent money last year getting some welding done .
I had considered selling it but with limited finances to put into next purchase I think I should just hold onto it , oh forgot to mention I think it needs new glow plugs that I have bought but it looks a difficult job so maybe another visit to the garage .
With only 120k miles it really runs great and looks okay , it has a few dents and scratches and needs the front winch bumper taken off and powder coated . I’ve just bought the oil and filter to service ( can do that myself ) and then it should be good for a while , brakes will need done soon !!!
So it’s cost me a few pounds recently but I think keeping it would be the right thing but if I did decide to sell the time would be after it’s new MOT .... oh and I still haven’t managed coming to an event yet ,perhaps soon