Hello

· 4 · 1442

Mr Pig

• Name: Colin Sim
Hello
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:05:46 PM »
Hello dear wise dirt dwellers. New here. Questions, of which I have two.

I see that some of you guys plan on destroying a little scenery near Bathgate this Saturday, 25th of May? I'd rather like to come and watch? Could you tell me exactly where this foolishness takes place and the approximate time things gets fired up? I've actually cycled past a few years ago, if I remember correctly it was up the hill to the North of the town?

Also, I'm looking for a Disco2. Never had a 4X4 before, don't need one now but... well who really does? Budget is between two and four thousand earth pounds, depending on condition etc. Been looking on Gumtree and eBay but it is somewhat bewildering. Few people bother to flip their cars upside down for photographing which is quite inconsiderate as the underside is the most important bit.

Any advice on how to find a Disco that will last longer than Kitkat much appreciated :0)

Thank you.

discoverypete

• Name: Peter Williamson
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:26:53 PM »
Hi Colin.
             If you want to watch a competition its Saturday at 10am.
The nearest postcode is: EH48 4NW, OS grid ref: NS99037124. https://goo.gl/maps/F4v9FyQa9gqUV5iJ7

Hope that helps.
                            Pete.

Mr Pig

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:41:56 PM »
Hi Pete,
Thanks. Hopefully the day will stay free and I'll get to see you guys in action.

Mr Pig

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 06:49:16 PM »
My son and I made it up for a while on Saturday. Did get a little lost ;0)

Interesting to watch, weather turned fairly foul though and a lot more walking than i was expecting. Big site! Actually went to look at a Defender that is for sale on Saturday night. I think a Disco would suit me better but I'm not taking the chance on one with the original chassis. If it ain't dead now it will be soon :0(