2010 SCCC - Round 3 - Drumclog - 15th & 16th May

· 12 · 5121

Admin

2010 SCCC - Round 3 - Drumclog - 15th & 16th May
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
The third round of the 2010 Scottish Cross Country Championship is our first two day event of the comp safari season and sees a return to the ever popular site at Drumclog in South Lanarkshire on 15th & 16th May

This promises to be an interesting couple of days racing using a different stage layout for each of the three sessions, on Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening in the dark! and final session on Sunday.

Drumclog offers fast, open racing over undulating fields and moorland, with some challenging drops, climbs and even a river crossing or two!
With at least five laps scheduled over each of the stages, you can look forward to around 60 miles of racing!

The open nature of the site will give everyone a great view of the action and as the spacious service area is close by, the rest of your team can see the racing too!

The set up will take place on Friday 14th May from 10.00am and camping is available on site from Friday if you want to get along early. Please bring everything with you, including water!

There a few additional requirements in the regs for this event:-

1/ For the night stages each vehicle must carry a high vis jacket / vest for driver and navigator. This must be worn if any member of the crew is required to get out of the vehicle.

2/ A warning triangle must be carried and in the event of breakdown placed 50m behind the vehicle to warn oncoming competitors

3/ This event cannot take place without Marshals, being out on the hill, literally, day and night, for two days. Each competitor must contribute two prizes for the marshals draw.

Times:
On Saturday Scrutineering and safety check will take place from 11:00am - 12:00 and the event will start at 1:00pm, Session two will start at 9.00pm on Saturday night and on Sunday morning the final session will start at 10:00am (All times are approximate)

Entry fee for the weekend is ?60.00 and two prizes for the marshals draw!!!

Directions:
The site is located at: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=264600&y=636760&z=5&sv=264600,636760&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=264600&ay=636760

For further information please call Ian Stuart on 07811 378826, Bob Webster on 07836 205390 or Alan Agnew on 07774 843473.

Alarmgard

Re: 2010 SCCC - Round 3 - Drumclog - 15th & 16th May
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »
Drumclog is a great venue for the championship, long course, great views and normal great weather. This is the first of the two day events this year and as ever we need marshals to run the event.

This one takes more marshals than any of the one day events, so we really need your help to run it.

If you can help for one or all three sessions please give me a shout colin.rodger@virgin.net or 07767-726075

We really do appreciate your help :)
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

milton17

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »
sorry won't be there

Alarmgard

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:02:25 PM »
This is one of the big two day events that the Championship has this year and we really do need lots of help. If your planning to come please let me know colin.rodger@virgin.net or 07767-726075.

This is an excellent site and with a big long course plenty of great views for all who come along. Not forgetting you get to drive off road for free if your helping!

We really need your help for this one, whether one, two or all three sessions. Please come and help.

Regards, Colin.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
With a week to go, we really do need more help, on the basis of the volunteers so far I doubt we could run one session let alone all three. If you are coming please tell me, otherwise I cannot plan how many people we are short.

If you can help with one, two or all three sessions please let me know. colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile:07767-726075

Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

Your help will make a difference!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
We really need more help for this one, a lot of regulars are away, if you have not marshaled at a comp safari before, its not a problem. We will explain whats required and ensure your happy before putting you out on the course, most of the time you will be watching the comp motors competing, occasionally you will be asked to find out whats wrong with a stopped vehicle.

You don't need to do all three sessions, 1,2 or 3 is fine, as any help is appreciated.

Let me know if you can help colin.rodger@virgin.net or 07767-726075
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
Anybody able to pick the SLROC trailer up from Gemm 4x4 Larbet and bring it to Drumclog on Friday or early Saturday Morning?
Colin Rodger

davidham

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »
wish i had my triler test then i would offer to pick it up. is there a postcode for the site by any chance? makes it easier to find.

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
ML10 6RG

Currently I seem to be looking to tow down my caravan (to sleep in), the club caravan (for the start people to work in) and the SORC equipment trailer (so I can set up the event).... all on Friday morning. This is not promising.

It's a shame too - as this is one of the events where we get people coming up to compete with us, and a shoddy event just makes us ("the Scottish Lot") look bad

boghog

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
Ian,

If the trailer in question is the one at GEMM, I might be able to get it to Bellshill (ML4 3NY) for Friday morning if I pick it up on my way to work. If someone can relay it to Drumclog from there then that's one less.  :P

Assume it has lights and a jockey-wheel which work?

Regards, Calum.

Alarmgard

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »
Getting the trailers down is now sorted thanks. Although it would be good if different people could take them back.

Still needing more help if anyone is still wondering what to do at the weekend.

Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 08:14:04 PM »
Well that's round three over for another year :) Drumclog proved as ever to be an excellent site, with us running a different course on each of the two Saturday session's and today with the two joined together, with a few slight tweaks.

The course allowed everyone to get great views of all the action and certainly we were very lucky with the weather, yes it rained a few times. But that was only occasionally and the long periods of sunny weather (if only a little cold out the sun) certainly made up for it.

With 15 competitors lining up for a weekend of action there was plenty to see and certainly the service crews did seem to get on top of the mechanical problems, with most running all weekend with varying degrees of success.

The animals on the hill certainly managed not to get involved with the event and Ian didn't need to do any impersonations of a cowboy this year  ;D

One of the most important things for me for the weekend was the support of all the people who came and helped marshal the event. At the beginning of last week it was looking as though we would struggle to run the event as numbers were significantly down on last year, but you all rallied round and responded to the calls for help, with a mixture of old and new people we were able to staff all three sessions. Big thing that impressed me was how everyone rallied round to do jobs that they wouldn't normally consider doing and this made a big difference to the success of the event.

The main issue being today, we had to drop a long loop of the course and have a few gaps in between marshals posts, but we did run and it was an excellent session. Need to check the figures from last year, but we were down significantly on numbers. Certainly the competitors seemed to be enjoying themselves, with most getting their runs in promptly.

So big thanks to everyone who helped, you helped make a good weekend racing possible.

On another note, we do still seem to be missing a few flags. Did you inadvertently take one or two home with you, if you did please give me a call to return them.

It was good to see the catering unit on site and certainly it would seem that if we support them, they will continue to come to our events. Certainly from talking to them they are keen, and they were doing sample of some of there food, so if your not sure about what to have, you can have a little taste test  :)

Thanks again to all the Competitors, Marshals, Srutineers, Rescue, Paramedic, Land Owner and Catering Team for a great weekend, hope you all enjoyed it, we look forward to seeing you all again at the Round 4 Forrest Estate, St Johns Town of Dalry on the 20th June 2010.

Anyway sorry for the rant, off to suffer now that I remember I had man flu all weekend    ::)

Regards, Colin.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:20:00 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger