Disco 2 electrics - help needed

· 6 · 1714

Gorah

• Name: Archie Smiley
Disco 2 electrics - help needed
« on: September 12, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »
As a new member of the forum, with my first Disco 2 ( previously had an L322 Range Rover and 2 x Disco 1's) can I ask for members assistance on a couple of problems I have inherited with this Disco since I bought it a month ago.

The first is on the Central Locking, with the following symptoms/characteristics.

With Key:-

From Unlocked:-
Locking locks only the driver’s door and does not activate the alarm

From Locked:-
Unlocking releases only the driver’s door and does not disable the alarm

With Remote:-

From Unlocked:-
Locking locks all doors and activates the alarm

From Locked:-
Unlocking does not release any of the doors, although a “click” can be heard, which I assume is the "superlock" being released. The alarm is disabled and the driver’s door can be opened with the key.

“Three Amigos”

The car has been converted to all springs when I bought it. The guy advised that the “three amigos” lights had come on just that day he brought it for me to look at, and an ABS sensor was suspect.
I had it in the workshop for checking where they said they had checked and replaced a sensor, clearing the lights. About 10 minutes after I drove it away, they came back. Initially, when the car was stopped for a while and restarted, it would be clear, but within a few moments they would come back and remain. Now they are on permanently.

Any pointers you can give on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

oilcan

• Name: Raymond Boyd
Re: Disco 2 electrics - help needed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »
Your going to have to get it plugged into a diagnostics if you want the alarm to be disarmed when opening with a key. Also the 3 amigos will need investigated with diagnostics as there are many things that can trigger this. Where abouts are you? Also have a look on www.d2boysclub.co.uk Lots of knowledge on there as it's a 1 model club. I'm near Cumbernauld and have diagnostics if I can help

Gorah

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:57 PM »
Hi there. Am in Newton near Cambuslang. The "3 amigos" has been diagnosed on two different machines, a Nanocom from a Landyzone member, and one from a workshop, but I don't know the model. The Nanocom indicated the front offside ABS sensor, and the workshop indicated the rear offside. When starting, ABS warning appears for a few seconds, and then clears. On driving off, on each and every occasion, after around 1 mile, the "3 amigos" come back and remain.  On the central locking, at the advice of a Landyzone member, the Driver door actuator was replaced. The outcome of that was that the driver door now unlocks with the remote, the other door actuators can be heard activating, but not unlocking - so I assume this is the "superlock" coming off - and now when driving, the automatic locking at a preset speed locks all doors if unlocked. On stopping and switching off, drivers door unlocks and all other door actuators are heard to operate but they have to be unlocked by operating the door handle inside.

oilcan

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:01:04 AM »
Sorry for the delay getting back to you as I've been on holiday. So you need diagnostics plugging in again? You can test each lockto check if it locks and unlocks with the diagnostics. Do you know if any of the hubs that are showing on the diagnostics as being faulty have been changed. Are you able to unplug and remove the sensors? I think I've got a couple of good sensors here that could be tried. I'm away again with work so wont be available until mid October if you can wait that long

Gorah

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 11:05:53 PM »
Hi there, No worries. Yep, I need to have the diagnostics run again, and that would be great if you could help with that.  Regarding the hubs, have no idea on the hubs, so need to assume as not. When it was in the workshop a few weeks ago, I told them that a Nanocom diagnostic pointed to the front offside sensor and gave them the spare sensor. They ran their own diagnostic - machine unknown - which pointed to the offside rear. They fitted a sensor there, but problem did not clear and they then got both the front and rear offside sensors showing.

Timing is not an issue, as she drives fine otherwise and I have plenty of other stuff to be going on with. Mid-October is fine. Thanks again.

oilcan

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »
Just back from working away sorry again. I should now be free to get plugged in for you. My number is 07711299121 if you want to contact me that way and we can arrange something although its likely to be at a weekend