Peter Stewart

· 3 · 1060

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
Peter Stewart
« on: December 19, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »
I am very sad to advise that Peter Stewart passed away last night.

Peter always enjoyed marshalling at Hill Rally’s and SCCC events and was always clearly visible in his distinctive Land Rover Discovery as Lowbox 15.   He was a stalwart of SLROC events, more often than not as our Start Marshal in recent years.   He was ever present at events like Mudmaster, and he loved to get out on any Green Road Runs going.

He was also a real action man, impressively abseiling off the Forth Road Bridge for charity last year at the age of 90+

Many have commented that he was a true gentleman and this was definitely the case.

Once funeral arrangements are known I will let you all know.
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

IMac

Re: Peter Stewart
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
I am very sorry to hear that. When I worked at Peters Motors in Bishopton in the 1970s it was Peter (then an ambulance driver) who used to call in with his 12 seat station wagon and, noticing my IIa swb, suggested that I might like to join the club. I did and eventually became club secretary. Peter was indeed always a gentleman, keen to help whenever he could and never lost his enthusiasm for Land-Rovers and the Club.

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
Re: Peter Stewart
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 10:08:52 PM »
For anyone wishing to attend I have been advised that our longtime member, Peter Stewart’s funeral will take place at 12:30 on Wednesday the 8th of January at Woodside Crematorium, Paisley.

The family are happy to see any friends at the service.   I am also aware there will be a collection at the service in aid of Chest, Stroke & Heart Scotland (which is the charity Peter did his abseils for.)
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP