mazda 3.5 slti info needed

· 5 · 1575

fireblade

• Name: mike walker
mazda 3.5 slti info needed
« on: December 28, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
 have a mazda 3.5 slti turbo ran out of fuel put fuel in and towed it would not start how do i go about bleeding fuel system
it has a clear bowl on bulkhead then there fuel filter at pass side engine and as far as i can see the fuel comes from the clear 1 on bulkhead then to the pump it has a primer on the pump like the old ford sierra style been pumping that but with no results anyone know

thanks
mike
mike
edinburgh

discoverypete

• Name: Peter Williamson
Re: mazda 3.5 slti info needed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 05:16:57 PM »
I'm assuming there is fuel in the clear bowl.
Crack open one of the fuel pipes above an injector.
Spin the engine. If fuel comes out, Repeat for all  injectors. It will probably start before you get to number four.
If no fuel comes out your pump may be bust.
The Mazda mechanical pump is not the most reliable. But as this is a non standard  fitment you could have anything in there.
Make sure your battery is tip top and have a good supply of rags or towels to mop up.
At least the weather is ok just now.
Good luck.

fireblade

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »
update cheers pete
have fuel in the glass bowl on bulkhead have fuel in filter on engine no fuel from iinjectors and cant get fuel from bleed screw 10mm on side of pump there is fuel comming out the side of plunger been trying to look for a replacment plunger primer but cant locate them online ??
mike
edinburgh

discoverypete

• Name: Peter Williamson
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
All the diesel mechanics I used to deal with in Edinburgh have gone now so I can't help you. Sorry.
I used to have a brass syringe for squirting fuel into places you shouldn't .
You could always try back filling the pump. Its messy but you may get lucky, and its free.

fireblade

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »
thanks pete got someone that can supply new primers so will order after the year have a good 1 and thanks
mike
mike
edinburgh