Trailer test

· 6 · 1407

jjc0424

Trailer test
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:43:35 PM »
Hi all ,

Looking for advice/recommendations to train and do my trailer test to allow me to tow in my 90?

Located in central belt.

Thanks in advance

rangerovering

Re: Trailer test
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:50:50 AM »
Did mine with a chap at Tarbrax, Drive Me Bananas is the name of the company. If you can reverse a trailer then he does a fast track training and test package which I did and passed no problem at all. Good setup and decent vehicle/trailer to learn with.

Steve

discoverypete

• Name: Peter Williamson
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 12:30:19 PM »
There was a club member who was a driving instructor I can't remember his name, he did RTVs in a red 90. Perhaps someone will know him. I think he worked out of Bathgate.
I found this lot. They do" your car their trailer" which seems like a good idea. I have no idea if they are any good but their prices are on their website.
http://www.qualitytrailertraining.co.uk/

Pete.

Kev91

• Name: Kevin Fulton
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 01:38:53 PM »
I used Trailer Training Glasgow to do mine a few years back. Was thoroughly pleased with them.

They are based out of hillington. Gave me a 10 minute test/meet&greet and he then advised what we would need to do for my test.

Chris m

• Name: Chris Moir
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 10:55:56 PM »
I did mine recently and went to stirling trailer centre. Did a 2 day course including the test. They supply the pickup and trailer to use. Mags was a great teacher and would reccomend her.

jjc0424

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 09:56:17 AM »
Thanks all , have been looking at stirling training centre and appeal to me .