THE GREAT ARRAN WHISKY TRIAL 1ST - 4TH MAY 2020

· 3 · 1500

hunter

THE GREAT ARRAN WHISKY TRIAL 1ST - 4TH MAY 2020
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »
Hello to those  members who are coming along to The Great Arran Whisky Trial 1st May to 4th May 2020

Campsite is now open for booking please tell them you are with SLROC land rover club when booking!
This is their busy wkend please book now! Tents, roof tents, camper Van's and caravans all allowed
Club is taking over the two marques thanks to Kevin Foulton for offering to take these.

Middleton's campsite
no cash machine on site so cash payments on arrival or cheque

There is a hotel 5mins walk from campsite if your not wanting to camp also b&b

book your ferry if you have not done so this one can not be booked last min

finalizing details for whisky that will be for sale as soon as I get confirmation on price

IMPORTANT CLUB MANS LICENSE AND MEMBERSHIP CARDS ARE NEEDED FOR THE TRIAL 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:10:03 PM by hunter »

hunter

Re: THE GREAT ARRAN WHISKY TRIAL 1ST - 4TH MAY 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 08:33:41 PM »
So tonight releases the trophies for Arran -
Best leaf sprung
Best 17 and under
Ladies cup
Overall winner
Also just to get this out there as we trialed back in 1976 we would like to see flat caps, tweed jackets, dungarees and maybe kilts!

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
Re: THE GREAT ARRAN WHISKY TRIAL 1ST - 4TH MAY 2020
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 09:38:32 PM »
I am very sorry to advise that we have decided to postpone the Great Arran Whiskey Trail.

We will let you know when this can be rescheduled.

Whilst I understand the ferries are still running and believe the campsite is still open, we are not able to access the Green Road Run we had planned and there is no guarantee Motorsport UK will issue a permit for the trial we wanted to hold.

Given the current Covid-19 outbreak the government are presently discouraging social gatherings.   Therefore as a Club it would be wrong of us to continue the trip.

Stephanie is still in touch with the distillery and will arrange for the Whiskey ordered either be held till we can collect it, or get it delivered to the mainland.

I realise this will be disappointing for many, but please be assured we will plan the trip back in to the SLROC calendar as soon as practical.
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP