Restarting SLROC Events ???

· 1 · 1358

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
Restarting SLROC Events ???
« on: June 19, 2020, 02:17:49 PM »
I wanted to keep you updated on what is going on at SLROC.

LOADS!!!

The committee have been keeping in close contact and discussing when can we get back out at our events?

The real answer at present is we still do not know, but it is encouraging to see Nicola Sturgeon move Scotland in to the second phase of lockdown easing.  Whilst we can meet a few more people (socially distanced of course and in the main outdoors) we are still being encouraged to stay in our local area for Leisure.

Phase 3 is when we will have a bit more freedom and when it may, and I repeat MAY, be possible to restart some of our core events.

With that in mind we have contacted some of our land owners, we have spoken with Motorsport UK about permits and PPE, we have been on video calls with our colleagues from Scottish Association of Motorsport Clubs to share understanding, we are discussing Risk Assessments and Good Practices with other Off-Road Motorsport Clubs, we are building online booking and sign-on systems for our website and much more besides.

I am not in a position to issue dates for future events as I do not want to promise something which we are not currently in a position to 100% confirm, but there is a glimmer of hope and excitement within SLROC.

All of the committee are working in the back ground, but a few carrying out some of the above with all our thanks

Douglas Thomson
Stephanie David Hunter
Dave Tomlin
Robert Muir
Simon Boak
Dean Pugh

Stay Safe - Protect Others - Save Lives
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP