Membership and Competing

· 16 · 13764

PamN

• Name: Pam Norrie
Membership and Competing
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:49:10 PM »
There have been a few instances recently of competitors signing on, or attempting to sign on, at competitive events without having up-to-date membership of the club.  This is unfair on the vast majority members who pay on time (or at least before competing), and more importantly could invalidate the club insurance.

To the small minority of sinners (you know who you are!), I would remind you that you may not sign-on at any competitive event without being a paid up member.  If you find at an event that your card is out of date, you can pay on the day. However, this should be kept to a minimum, as it slows down sign on, and occasionally forms go astray.

Please try to plan ahead.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:18:31 PM by PamN »
Growing old disgracefully!

PamN

Re: Membership and Competing
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »
Just an after-thought.  If you do have to pay your membership at an event, please make sure that you either fill in a membership form, or as a minimum put your details (legibly!) on a sheet of paper.  Otherwise your payment may go down a big black hole, if the person doing sign-on forgets about it in the general chaos.

jjc0424

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:16:51 AM »
hi how do i go about joining the club and competing in rtv days if anyone could let me know how to , the prices etc would be appreciated thanks

Gary

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:56:47 AM »
Jamie
There's info on the club website.
http://www.slroc.co.uk/Membership/Membership.html
Cheers
Gary
MM6GRG
TD5 Discovery

s lees

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 09:37:54 AM »
Is it pay to play?  I recently joined the forum and had assumed that made me a member of slroc but now wonder what the ?25 gives you if I own a fairly standard disco is the thing for me and do I need to be a member for green lane days etc.
300tdi disco
WVO addict

PamN

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
The ?25 gives you access to competitive events, green road runs and driving days, though there is normally also a charge on the day.  There is a club magazine, club "shop" and access to the members-only part of the Forum.  You also get the chance to meet up with other like-minded people at events, which most of us find the best part of being a member.  A standard motor is fine for non-competitive events and for the Tyro (first level) competitions.  If you don't know if it is for you, suggest you turn up at an event, spectate (no charge), and speak to a few people.  We are mostly pretty friendly.

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »
One important part of being a member is that you are then taking part in an event under the Clubs Public Liability insurance. The problem with more informal structures and "groups of mates" is that it could all go badly wrong in the event of an accident if there is no Public Liability cover in place. 

It also helps us get access - landowners are more receptive when we tell them we are a properly constituted club with a squillion quids worth of PL Insurance.

On a more personal note - Compare the ?25 annual membership fee which gets you the potential to enter all sorts of events at a small signing on fee with the cost of a events at a "Pay and Play" site and you are quids in even if you only attend a couple of events a year. 

Bottom line - Its a 1/3 of a tank of diesel for a years fun ! 

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:12 PM »
with a squillion quids worth of PL Insurance.
?50m. In essence it covers third-party incidents and man-made structures on the property.....

jonmcghee

• Name: jonathan mcghee
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »
Hi all, quick question can you pay membership by paypal?
300tdi disco 3 door

PamN

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
Sorry - not as yet, though it is planned

jonmcghee

• Name: jonathan mcghee
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »
Sorry - not as yet, though it is planned

Ok thanks

Membership forms and PO will be in post tomorrow  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:23:20 PM by jonmcghee »
300tdi disco 3 door

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
Hi, re Club's public liability insurance.
I've just renewed my Freelander insurance and find in the small print that off road use is excluded!
I don't do anything extreme with it, but find this a nuisance.
Please advise the extent of the PLI cover on Club events.
Is it just if a stranger is injured, or what if I hit another member's car?
Regards, Nigel
Nigel

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »
Please advise the extent of the PLI cover on Club events.
Is it just if a stranger is injured, or what if I hit another member's car?
No - the insurance protects the club and the event organisers, not competitors or vehicles :)

So if someone sues the club because an event damages a fence, we're covered.... but if they sue you for driving into their car, it doesn't.

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »
Thanks, Ian.  Noted.  Regards, Nigel.
Nigel

Alex Lindsay

• Name: Alex Lindsay
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »
Good morning

On Friday 26 May, I applied for membership to SLROC. I Completed the PDF form and the standing order forms and sent them off to the email address at the bottom of the membership page.  My message was returned undelivered on Sunday. On finding this message reply, I duly resent message to the Club Chairman. Can someone confirm that my membership application has indeed been received, as I would quite like to attend the GRR on Sunday 4 June.

Regards

Alex Lindsay