Scottish Borders Hill Rally 20/21st November 2010

· 29 · 9540

Alarmgard

Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 20/21st November 2010
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
With just under two weeks to go till this years Borders Hill Rally, we are still looking for a lot more volunteers to help marshal this event. We would welcome your assistance in Staffing the SLROC Stages, theres plenty to do and certainly no expieirience is required as we can show you on the day what is required.

We welcome individuals, groups, famillies and can normally get you all working in a position that suits the size of your party.

So please come and help us with the event whether for one day or two days you would be most welcome and almost certainly you will get a good few miles of off road driving in over the weekend.

If you can help please give me a call 07767726075 or email colin.rodger@virgin.net

Thanks,

Colin.

Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Alarmgard

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
Less than a week to go now, we have a full entry of 50, set up team start arriving on site today to get the stages all set up for next weekend.

I could still do with more radio crews for the event and my biggest headache at the moment is that i need about 10 people to supplement the marshals I have at start and finishes. its not a difficult job and you don't need to have done it before, as you will have help and its easily picked up. This is one of the best jobs on the event as you get to chat with the drivers and nav's before they go into the stages or after they have just completed one.

If you can help please give me a shout thanks,  colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile 07767-726075
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Anyone got space for a passenger either travelling down Friday evening or early saturday morning, would be picking the passenger up in Livingston.

If you can help please give me a call please 07767726075
Colin Rodger

tgreer

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »
Anyone got space for a passenger either travelling down Friday evening or early saturday morning, would be picking the passenger up in Livingston.

If you can help please give me a call please 07767726075
Covered.
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Alarmgard

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
Yes the lift is sorted, thats one more marshal on the event team, thanks to Thomas,

I have sent out a lot of information by email to everyone that i have own as attending if your coming and not recieved the info please email me or phone me numbers above, thanks.

Colin Rodger

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »
Give us a wave Tommy....i'll probably have Blu oval-it has a live all barking singing car alarm!! ;D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

tgreer

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
Can only say fantastic event... even better they provide wifi :)
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 04:04:02 PM »
Great day on Saturday. Thank god the weather was dry-standing on S2 start with the time clock in the rain would have been a bit tedious!!!
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

tgreer

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »
Fantastic weekend,

Good banter, organisers were great (bit of a break down in comms sometimes but nothing major).

First event as a Radio Marshall... now happy to be called upon when required Colin (given notice!)

Noticed a few SLROC hat wearers there... :) Met Mel & the dogs (briefly).

Weather held out for majority of weekend... started to rain around 12pm today but stopped about 2ish.

Thanks to all the crews who helped out. I know the competitors appreciated it!

Thomas
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Alarmgard

Thank You.
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
Morning Everyone,

Got home late last night after the event very tired, so now had some sleep, now got some time and internet access.

Thank you to everyone who came and helped marshal the event, I was really pleased to see that marshal numbers were well into three figures. There were many old friends of the Scottish Hill Rally Club here to help and lots of new friends also down for the first time to help.

Everyone regardless of their role was happy to help, whether they had done the particular job or not before. Many taking on the job training and fast becoming experts in the field.

The event did throw up the odd challenge but as a team we dealt with them and made sure the event will again go down in motorsport as another Scottish Borders Hill Rally to remember.

So whether your role, was as a Marshal, Radio Marshal, Radio Controller, Rescue, Recovery, Doctor/Paramedic, or simply supporting the event as a signed on official, thank you from the organising team for helping at this years event.

We understand that feedback is important and welcome your thoughts, good or bad, that we can address for next year. If you do have anything to pass on please let us know by email, either to the event secretary or to me colin.rodger@virgin.net

One area that I do know that we need to improve on as an event, whether competitor, marshal or signed on official is that of takedown or clean up. The set up team were on site for the whole week and a handful of them were still on site yesterday tidying up, indeed Ian and Diana are still there today. Many of the setup team take time off work or other commitments to ensure that the event is set up for the two days of competition. Come Sunday night there just glad the event is over and ready for a break, but cleanup has to start. If for future events a few more of you could consider taking your time off to stagger the event so that there is a few more people to help with the cleanup that would really help the event and take the pressure off the few who are really in need of support by this time. The more people there are the quicker it gets done.

If anyone has any pictures that might be of use to the SHRC club for the clubs website then please email them to me.

Thanks again everyone for helping to run this years event and hopefully see you all again at an event soon.

Regards,

Colin Rodger
Chief Marshal
Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2010
Colin Rodger

shazzy90

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
does anyone have a list of the results please

Alarmgard

Colin Rodger

shazzy90

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
thankyou colin

dr brillo

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 01:11:23 AM »
Hi Everyone

We have uploaded a video of (Henry Webster's) Friesian Racing's Discovery (Mucky Moo) at the Scottish Borders Hill Rally.
Here are the links for Vimeo and Youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KixtG_2_MOg

http://vimeo.com/17472690

We will be producing a DVD of the event, which will be available early 2011 - Please see our website for details : 

www.aalmediascotland.co.uk

Many thanks to all Organisers, Competitors and Marshals without whom none of this would be possible.

Brillo & White Cloud