Britpart "Borders" Hill Rally 16/17th November 2013

· 12 · 5325

Alarmgard

Britpart "Borders" Hill Rally 16/17th November 2013
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
The BritPART “Borders” Hill Rally Organising Team and the Scottish Hill Rally Club (SHR Club Ltd) are delighted to be able to welcome you back to the 2013 event.

This year’s event sees us build on the success of previous events and is again being held at the Forrest Estate near St John’s Town of Dalry in Dumfries and Galloway. This private forestry site provides for fast graded Cat A routes, well worn Cat B tracks, and something a bit more challenging along the way. Most of the site is relatively all-weather, and we have worked with the land owners to make stages as interesting as we can. We have listened to the feedback about the previous courses and have taken this into account with less runs through some quarries (in fact some will only be visited once). The setup team and the Landowner are working hard to ensure that we provide a course that is both fast, technical and providing a cross country experience that you have come to expect from the “Borders”.

With the disappointment of not reaching the minimum number of entries for the event in 2012, the club have discussed this at great length and outcome is that the Britpart “Borders” Hill Rally 2013 WILL RUN. The club still has a strong passion for running Hill Rallies, we have set the entry fee for this year’s event at £400 for over 100 miles of excellent stages. We have also introduced a number of incentives that will reduce the entry fee further, in some cases by £100. Details on the entry form.

The “Borders” Event is the only currently running Hill Rally and to that end the club feel that it is important that we spread the word so that interest both old and new can be ignited. We have looked at how we promote this, through the generous support of a sponsor (Custard Motorsports), we are delighted to announce that the event will be professionally filmed with the programme being shown on Motors TV at a later date.

We fully appreciate that this is only possible due to the continuing support of the Hill Rally enthusiasts, Club Members, Sponsors, Volunteer officials and you - the Competitor.

Recent times has seen a trend in last minute entries for events, we fully understand the reasons why, it doesn’t however help us with organising the event. Please help us by getting your paperwork in early and telling the entries secretary of your plans.

2013 still sees us with a number of Sponsorship Challenges and we welcome any offers of support, both large and small. If you can help please get in touch.
This year’s event will is dual permitted NAT A and NAT B. There is still a wide tyre choice (provided they are listed in the All Terrain or Mud Terrain lists in the Blue Book) however a good sidewall is definitely recommended.

The same service area as previous will be used, with catering being provided by a local business.

The results and timing services are coming back, and if we can find Internet Access, results will be posted live!

I, and the rest of organising team, would also like to offer our thanks to the landowner; to Brian Hilditch and his team; to the sponsors for their support; and all the volunteers who make this event possible. We fully appreciate that running an event is only possible due to the continuing support of the Hill Rally enthusiasts, Club Members, Sponsors, Volunteer officials and you - the Competitor.

One message I would like to reinforce to everyone, last year quite a few people said that they would have entered had the event ran. Well we want you to get your entry in early, with post dated checks there nothing to loose. The club have already agreed that this year’s event will run, no cancellations. So with this commitment from the club, we want you the competitor to get your entry in promptly, so that we can all enjoy this great event.

With a few months to go to the event, interest has been most positive. We would welcome your support at the event and in helping to spread the word about this year’s event. The Scottish Hill Rally Club looks forward to seeing you at the event on the 16/17th November 2013 in what will almost certainly be the best Hill Rally Event of the Year.

Regs, and associated paperwork is being emailed out to past competitors this evening and it will be available to download from the clubs website tomorrow www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk

If you want the paperwork tonight then please email me.

Got a question, get in touch…………..

Regards,
Colin Rodger
Rally Manager
Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2013.
Mobile:07767-726075
Email: colin.rodger@virgin.net
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Alarmgard

Re: Britpart "Borders" Hill Rally 16/17th November 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »
Hi all,
 Just clarify the position regarding Early Registration Discount, the date on the entry form was incorrect and that the correct date was published in the supplementary regs. The date that the early entry discount applies until is before 1st October 2013. The entry form that is on the club website currently is the corrected version. Entries received before this date will receive a £50 discount.
Colin Rodger

WeeMonochromeBeastie

• Name: James Moir
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:11 PM »
REQUEST FOR MARSHALS

With entries growing, the course being finalised (to take into account the comments from previous years competitors) and anticipation growing I am looking for marshals for the event. Either day or both - you are most welcome!

In order to help us preserve the only Hill Rally left in the UK, we really do need your help to staff the event. The event may be a little different to what you are used to but don’t let that deter you from this entertaining form of motorsport. We require time controls, in-Stage and Radio Marshals, willing volunteers whether experienced or not are most welcome.

A free camping/caravaning area is available on site, on the clubs website www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk there are more details of other accommodation available in the area along with full details on the event.

If you have any questions then contact me at bordershillrallymarshals@gmail.com
James Moir
Chief Marshal
07907 638663

Alarmgard

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
Had a call today to see if were still accepting entries for the Britpart Borders Hill Rally 2013, well the answer is simple.......................

Of course we are, entries do not close until midday on the 22nd October, so no excuses not to get your entry in. The list is filling up and certainly were well on target for a great weekend of Cross Country Motorsport.

So if your not already entered then get your entry in!!
Colin Rodger

WeeMonochromeBeastie

• Name: James Moir
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 01:52:54 PM »
I am looking for more marshals for the event.  If anyone is planning to come along, please let me know.

A free camping/caravaning area is available on site, on the clubs website www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk there are more details of other accommodation available in the area along with full details on the event.  There are also a few places left at GAC for those who are quick.

If you have any questions then contact me at bordershillrallymarshals@gmail.com
James Moir
Chief Marshal
07907 638663

Alarmgard

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »
Britpart " Borders" Hill Rally 2013 Just a quick note to say that I will be posting the latest entries received list tomorrow, were up to 29 and have been told of 10 more on there way to the entries secretary, so that would be 39 entries. Entries close at midday on the 22nd and seeding will be done not long after this towards the weekend. If your having a problem getting your entry in then get in touch with the entries secretary and tell her of your plans, remember we will still accept an entry after this date, but you will miss out on the initial seeding list.

At this rate we will be starting a reserves list :)
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »
Entry Applications have been received from the following people, if you think you should be on the list and are not please get in touch, its not too late to get an entry for what is the only remaining hill rally running in the UK at this time. So get in touch to take part. * Paul Myers
* Mike Bakewell
* Jonathan Barker
* Mark Walker
* Phill Bayliss
* Gareth Carruthers
* Paul Chambers
* Kevin Stubbs
* Ben Duckworth
* Alex Holford
* Anthony Jackson
* Mark Jacques
* Paul Mansfield
* Mark McNeill
* Charlie Norman
* Andy Powell
* Neil Rogers
* Wyn Williams
* Andi Skelly
* Richard Squires
* Willie Stubbs
* Henry Webster
* Phil Bakewell
* Ian Carson
* David Johnston
* Tim Philpott
* Martin Cox
* Johnnie Drysdale
* Hefin Owen
 Entry Secretary Anticipated Entry Forms
* Paul Aynslie
* Steve Carroll
* Euron Williams
* Chris Bird
* Thorney Motorsport
* Colin Stevenson
* Graham Smith
* Chris Taylor
* Nick Ward
Colin Rodger

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Hello,

Anyone know what time Marshals are required on Saturday morning and where they should meet?

Thanks,

Dean
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

Alarmgard

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:58:04 PM »
If you can be at Forrest Lodge for about 9am and the marshals briefing area will be arrowed from the road. Any questions give James or myself a shout.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »
It's not too late to get involved as more marshals are still needed to help with the event. Come along were a friendly bunch and you might even see the new Bowler Defender flat out  :o
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »
Good news on the TV Coverage for this years event. The events TV sponsor, Custard Motorsports has informed us this afternoon.

http://www.motorstv.com/sites/default/files/contenu/pdf/prog/uk/20131207_20131213.pdf reports that the broadcast date for the Britpart "Borders" Hill Rally is Friday 13th December (ouch!), at 9pm (prime slot!) on UK Motors TV

Speaking to AJK-TV (the production company), they say "Its good, very good", and "having all the extra cameras has been really great."
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
Hi All,

Please find the attached statement made by the Scottish Hill Rally Club regarding this years event.

The TV footage from the event is being broadcast on Motors TV tomorrow evening Friday the 13th December at 21:00hrs. Please tell your friends, don’t assume they know and help keep interest in Hill Rallies alive.

Finally on behalf of the organising team and the club, we hope you all have a great Festive Season and a good New Year. We will be carrying out a bit of research in January and will be telephoning you all for your opinions on the Borders Hill Rally and how we continue to keep it alive.

Best Regards, Colin.

Colin Rodger
 Rally Manager
 Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2013
 Mobile: 07767-726075
 Email: colin.rodger@virgin.net

www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk

This e-mail has been sent on behalf of
 SHR Club Ltd
 Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC307846)
 Registered Office: 52 Fort St, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD52AB.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Colin Rodger