Spluttering TD5

· 23 · 6620

dheatherwick

Re: Spluttering TD5
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
I would go for replacing the wiring loom far easier than you may think, got the advice from this forum.

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »
Fitted new injector loom and gasket, cleaned out the oil on the ecu side, waxoyled the engine bay and every plug got cleaned an dielectric grease blasted through. i will report back on results..

ttuck3r

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
Well we still have a splutter and ive cleaned out the MAP sensor on the manifold, next items to check are the MAF sensor and wastegate im thinking.

cooltshirt

• savethegaywhale.com
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
Just a thought ........... but a month or so it seems from the repair to today's post of spluttering.
When doing this repair the ecu connector often needs cleaned after a month as the residual oil in the loom makes its way down. I use an aerosol brake cleaner as it cleans and then evaporates.
Did you remove the ecu and stand it on its end for a while to allow oil to drain out?
Good luck.
1983 110 V8. RIP

ttuck3r

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »
Just a thought ........... but a month or so it seems from the repair to today's post of spluttering.
When doing this repair the ecu connector often needs cleaned after a month as the residual oil in the loom makes its way down. I use an aerosol brake cleaner as it cleans and then evaporates.
Did you remove the ecu and stand it on its end for a while to allow oil to drain out?
Good luck.

Aye thank you, ive had the ecu out every fortnight to give it a clean and the ecu ive had completely stipped down, there was no oil inside..

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »
Change your maf sensor. I had a similar issue with mine. Around 2,500 rpm.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

ttuck3r

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »
Well i think the splutter is gone, went for a drive and she seems to be pulling a lot better too.
I got a new MAF sensor but once i replaced it i also gave the wastegate another push pull to find it was completely jammed up, so i sprayed a combination of GT85 and WD40 until it released and now all seems to be running sweet.

Below is a list of replaced/fixed parts that got me to the end eventually.

1st was the cleaning out of the ECU which had oil sat in the red plug
2nd was the replacement of the injector loom which had oil ingress right through and the ecu has been cleaned out every fortnight since
3rd A new fuel filter and fuel return hose was replaced due to rust on the filter and leaking hose.
4th MAP sensor on manifold was removed and thoroughly cleaned out
5th MAF sensor replaced
6th the wastegate released as it was jammed

Hope this can help someone else

ttuck3r

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
Second MAF sensor in 11 months, what the heck!
I did notice when removing the Sensor there was two burnt bugs caught in the mesh so im wondering if this could have been the fault...